Enrolling in the Certificate in Applied Sports Nutrition results in studying with the Association’s relevant private regional licensing education provider, allowing you to competently meet the educational and practical competency minimum requirements (if you do not already possess these) to become eligible to register with it’s relevant regional non-profit* Professional Regulatory Body.
Choose from Flexible Payment Options
Upfront $2,889.00 USD
$356 USD x 9
$506 USD x 7
$225 USD x 18, first payment = $499 USD
Sports Nutrition is the merger of the two worlds of; Applied Exercise Physiology and Applied Nutrition Sciences, and its ongoing development and innovation.
- How to program nutrition
- Macros and micronutrients
- Auditing food labels and nutrition standards
- Coaching and developing client nutritional literacy
- Digestive physiology
- Digestion, absorption & assimilation of food
- Applied Digestion
- Digestive physiology as it relates to Sports Nutrition
- Body composition assessment methods
- Applied Exercise Physiology
- Endocrine considerations of exercise physiology
- Cellular anatomy & function
- Cellular metabolism
- Exercise Biochemistry
- Biochemistry applications in Sports Nutrition
- Referral Pathways
- Triage Process & Referral Process
- Energy availability explained
- Low EA & RED-S – in Sports
- Ergogenic aids – evidence supports
- Ergogenic aids – needs more evidence
- Ergogenic aids – evidence does not support
- Ergogenic aids and Body Composition
- Ergogenic aids and Performance/Recovery
- Critical thinking & evidence hierarchy
- Interpretation of papers
- Interpreting research and applying it to practise
- Practical application of exercise physiology theory & principles
- Practical understanding of exercise and bioenergetic conditions & substrate utilisation
- Service procession sports nutrition business introduction
- Effective coaching strategies
- Marketing and client communication strategies
- Sports Nutrition service provision practise tools, systems and
- implementation explained
- Praital application for client settings for the following: – Weight loss
- Weight/muscle/strength gain – Body Recomposition
- Practical application for athlete specific nutrition for:
- Endurance athlete
- Team sports athletes
- Crossfit athlete
- Strength athlete
A Road Map To
Certificate in Applied Sports Nutrition
Who is this for?
Wanting to legally and legitimately add nutrition to the services they offer and have a legitimately insured scope of practice.
University Students – Studying; nutrition and exercise science-based programs
Wanting to gain industry and practical experience in a service-based client generation centric manner, and graduate with a full client list in an industry that is 99%+ private practice. Give yourself a significant head start compared to the rest of your cohort. Those who have completed first/ second, and third-year have eligibility for some subjects credit as well.
Graduates – of Clinical Nutrition and Exercise Science/Physiology programs
Wanting to add Sports Nutrition to their insured scope of activities. Although clinical nutrition covers nutrition, it does not cover sports and body composition nutrition, and while exercise physiology/science grads may have done a subject or two in nutrition it does not mean they are eligible to register and practise in this manner. Graduates of these programs can apply for credit and receive a discount to only complete and pay for the subjects/units they do not have on their university transcripts.
Completely Green & never studied before
Work out if this is the career/program for you! Spend 5-7 months studying and become provisionally accredited and work up to 3-years before committing to further study. Comparing that to 4+ years and 50k+ in university tuition fees, this is the path to work out of this is the career and profession for you.